All entries must:
1. Fit the definition of one of the Competition’s six clean technology and innovation categories and respective classification criteria.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss, or use your best guess. If the judges feel your product would be better placed in another category, this will be discussed with you during the eligible Participant interview process.
2. Be a start-up company, typically less than 3 years in existence but not yet profitable OR an established SMME as defined by the Small Business Act (No. 102, 1996).
3. Demonstrate exclusive ownership of Intellectual Property Rights.
4. Be a two person team, minimum
5. All winners must be able to present a valid tax clearance certificate on request in order to qualify for prizes.
6. All entrants participating in the business coaching and mentoring will be required to sign an indemnity form.
7. Travel and accommodation costs for semi-finalists to attend mentoring and training programmes are at the cost of the entrant.
8. Finalists who do not reside in the province where the awards event is held will be provided travel (round trip within South Africa) and accommodation for one person to attend.
9. Prizes are not intended to subsidise corporate or university projects. The amount and source of any secured capital arrangements should be clearly identified in the team’s application.
10. Cash prizes may be taxable and the winners must comply with applicable requirements of the South African Revenue Service (SARS). The entrants are advised to obtain independent financial advice in this regard.
Situations which arise not contemplated by the above rules will be resolved by the organisers of the Cleantech Innovation Programme and their decision will be final. The staff and judging team reserve the right to amend the rules without notice, including in the event where situations occur that are not covered by the above rules or involving further interpretation or clarification of the existing rules, when necessary.
© 2015 South Africa Cleantech Programme | All Rights Reserved